Friday, June 12, 2009

enterprise on a spreadsheet

So I'm back in my favourite cafe. They have a water system making a wall of flowing water covering the front windows like a see through waterfall, a nice touch. At first glance asias cafes and restaurants are pretty basic and cheap with no real design or flair. But when you spend a little more time and know where to go, there are some amazing places, with so much flair its stimulating while enjoying a delicious coffee.

I'm here to do up some figures on a spreadsheet after spending a couple of days researching products and getting prices for the cafe Emmi wants to start. Will probably experiment with drink recipes next week. Emmi is keen to get me back to help start the cafe around August, train staff and get it running. I'm not sure if I want all that responsibility, but its possible, as I don't have my year planned out, so I'll think and pray about.

I've been thinking about what parts of asia to bring back to australia. Thinking about importing some simple clothing pieces that I can get for a good price here. Wondering about starting a mobile street diner ideal for outdoor summertime dining. Trying to convince my thai friend Bui that she could come to Australia and be the chef!

I've been doing a bit of shopping this week, all things that I need of course! Its been harder to buy clothes than I had expected, all these thai girls are so much smaller than me. Its not rude here in thailand for people to point and say "you're fat" or "large size". You can buy clothing pretty cheap, as long as you're not bigger than an australian medium. And I'm not totally into the asian styles, so it limits me a bit.

Well, better get back to that exciting spreadsheet....

No comments: