Sunday, June 21, 2009

coming home

Its my last day in Chiang Mai, tomorrow I fly to Bangkok for a day before bunny hopping home via Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Brisbane and Coffs, catching up with friends along the way. I'm not excited about leaving, I've really enjoyed living here the last 6 weeks and hope I could come back for another short term trip sometime. The relationships I've made here are what have kept me in Chiang Mai all this time, rather than travelling around Thailand. I've found less motivation to go travelling by myself, which I think shows me that I need a travelling partner for future trips to see the world.

I've mostly packed my bag already, early (which never happens, ever) so I know how much room and weight I have left for buying more things! Frustrating, to have more money than luggage space.

So today I'm doing some last shopping, photo swapping, and experimenting with cafe drink recipes. I'm coming home with hundreds of photos and hopefully lots of stories of cultural differences, I hope I remember them all. Thailand and Australia have a bit in common, we both have the "she'll be right" attitude, and easy going-ness. As I leave, this country is not quite as foreign as when I came.

Looking forward to sharing with you all when I get home>>>>>>>

No comments: