Monday, May 25, 2009

uploading

due to my natural patience with technology and overwhelming skill with programs and applications and what-not, I've decided to upload picys to facebook (its easier me thinks), had hoped to blog 'em but I think its all too hard. Besides, I've just spent a good few hours just to pick them, desize them and upload them....a selection that gives you a bit of an idea of Chiang Mai thus far.

I've moved out of Lighthouse guesthouse after 10 days there. Staying with my new friend Bui, who is a thai girl with a major aussie accent, guess you get that when you learn english from aussies! The americans I meet keep asking me if I'm a kiwi (sigh). Went to the Sunday night walking street markets yesterday. They are so huge! I spent a good amount of baht there, which felt so good, its been the first non grocery shop for me :P The thai seem to know how to do markets, its how they shop.

Chiang Mai is alive with colour at night. So many venues to hang out at, groovy bars, fantastic music, bustling with people. I'm so glad to have my new toy (sony a200) to try and capture it all. Haven't done too much of the touristy things yet, so will try and do that this week.

No comments: